The Classic Creamy salad features cabbage, carrots, apples, green onion and cilantro- flavors that hit every part of your palate. The dressing is creamy but light, slightly sweet with an apple cider vinegar tang. This ultimate combination creates an addictive taste that will keep you coming back for seconds and thirds!
For the Salad:
About 5 cups cabbage- (I use 1/2 of a small-medium green cabbage, napa cabbage, savoy cabbage or 10 oz bagged pre-shredded coleslaw mix)
2 medium carrots- shredded
1 large apple- cored and shredded
2 green onions- chopped
1/2 cup cilantro/parsley (I prefer cilantro but whatever you have on hand works great!)- rough chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
For the Dressing:
1/2 cup Homemade Mayonnaise or other avocado oil based mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Optional add-ins: sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust salt/pepper/vinegar as desired. Set aside.
- Squeeze about 1 Tbsp lemon into a large bowl. Shred the apple into the bowl and toss with the lemon juice. This will keep the apple from turning brown.
- Add shredded carrots, cabbage, chopped green onion and cilantro.
- Toss everything in the large bowl with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to blend. Toss with optional add-ins if desired before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes