This simple but super creamy mash will have you licking your plate! With only 4 ingredients (plus salt and pepper), this nutritious side dish is easy to prepare but full of amazing flavor.
1 small head of cauliflower OR 2 10 oz bags of frozen riced cauliflower
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 tsp salt + more if desired
ground black pepper
- If using a head of fresh cauliflower, cut off the florets and chop into very small pieces (like cauliflower rice). You can use a food processor to quickly chop or even a box grater. The size of the cauliflower doesn’t really matter but the smaller the pieces, the more quickly they will brown and absorb the liquid in the coming steps.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottomed sauté pan and sauté garlic for 60 seconds until the oil is fragrant.
- Add bagged or fresh cauliflower rice and sauté until all of the moisture is gone and it starts to brown slightly (about5-7 minutes). Stir every few minutes to avoid burning. I know mine is ready when the cauliflower just starts to stick to the pan.
- Add almond milk, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Taste at this point and add more salt if desired.
- Using a food processor or an immersion blender, puree the cauliflower until it is completely smooth. The smoother the better!
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This dish reheats well and even freezes well! So make a double batch for a quick weekday side dish.
I have substituted chicken broth for almond milk or used half of each. Both versions deliver a slightly different but delicious taste!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25